Fair Education Alliance report card 2017
Brightside is one of over 80 members of the Fair Education Alliance, a coalition of organisations from across business, education and the third sector working together to end the persistent achievement gap between young people from the poorest communities and their wealthier peers.
The FEA’s annual report card shows the progress that has been made towards five main goals:
- Narrow the gap in literacy and numeracy at primary school
- Narrow the gap in GCSE attainment at secondary school
- Ensure young people develop key strengths, including character, wellbeing and mental health, to support high aspirations
- Narrow the gap in the proportion of young people taking part in further education or employment-based training after finishing their GCSEs
- Narrow the gap in university graduation, including from the 25% most selective universities
You can download the full report here.