- Brightside regional youth board
Brightside regional youth board
Brightside is recruiting volunteer members for four regional youth boards.
- Are you aged 16-25 and are currently taking part in, or have taken part in a mentoring project with Brightside?
- Are you passionate about young people being able to access the support, guidance and resources they need to make confident and informed decisions about their futures?
- Do you want to have an impact on how a national youth mentoring organisation engages with young people in the future?
Building Brightside’s offer to former mentees.
- Brightside is establishing a network of former mentees to provide ongoing access to information and opportunities for young people who have taken part in mentoring projects with Brightside and our partners.
- As well as providing accessing to additional resources and training from employers, universities and other organisations, the network aims to build a community for members to share advice and opportunities with each other as they progress through their careers.
- This network will be shaped the young people using it. Our four volunteer regional youth boards will have a key role in designing and developing the network, and testing and providing feedback on new features as they are developed.
As a member of a Brightside youth board you will be:
- Shaping the initial offer for young people
- Developing the offer over time
- Testing a new online platform
- A face-to-face board meeting in your region in the January 2019
- An online meeting with the board in July 2019
- Time spent testing a new online platform
The benefits for you:
- Contributing to the work of a national charity
- Working alongside a committed and passionate team of young people
- Developing your decision-making skills
- Shaping the design and content of an online platform for young people
How to apply:
If you are interested in being on a Brightside Youth Board, let us know by completing this short form by 7th December 2018.